Dummy Battery Interface Camera So, I Recently Replaced My Alternator And My Voltage Regulator, But Now My Battery Dummy Light Is Back On...?

So, I recently replaced my alternator and my voltage regulator, but now my battery dummy light is back on...? - dummy battery interface camera

I have a 1986 Ford LTD. I accidentally fried my alternator and my voltage regulator connecting the battery cable to the wrong terminal (no comments please). Calculated I replaced both the alternator and the regulator, and tested the battery and all seemed well. But today, my battery light lit model for the backup. The generator is always the battery, but only about 13.1 and 13.4 when the engine rev.

Even a little whining noise happens when the vehicle is coasting. Ideas?

4 comments:

Delamoth... said...

You have one or more diodes in the alternator has gone bad. Noise complaints are a bad diode out. I know you said recently replaced the alternator in the car, and these things sometimes happen. I hope you still have the receipt so that you can get an Exchange store.

A minimum speed you should always somewhere from 13.8 to 14.4 V are (dependent) from the system temperature. 13.1 to 13.4 is that the power of ordinary batteries.

Zach L said...

Check your charging system with a voltmeter, how many volts get to see too slowly. If you replace under 11, their new pricing. If you have a guarantee of your alternator and regulators that they take over and you replace it. Get to a new battery. I learned the hard way, when the alternator and the battery is not used. I suggest replacing the alternator to avoid the battery at the same time to problems. Most stores will give you a free replacement battery if he still has warranty.

A End the FASCIST EPA ! said...

I have an 89 marquis, virtually the same car and had the same problem and brought it to an electrical shop and proved to be a short circuit in a cable. ! They found it right away, because they knew what they seek, and charged me almost nothing. Probably after 3 years of hesitation at the damn thing into and out of bounce after his set, because I fear costs remain under control, I knew a business that is not broke you! I do not know if it helps, but good luck!

CLAYTON M said...

Negative - case for coaching
Fry or speed sensor on the board or pull-out light
COMMENTARY great time to move quickly
PD adjust the speed found on a chip - O - or - dot - Junkyard

Post a Comment