Top Upconverting Dvd Players If I Hook An Upconverting DVD Player To An HDTV, Should I Still Get The Black Bars At The Top And Bottom?

If I hook an upconverting DVD player to an HDTV, should I still get the black bars at the top and bottom? - top upconverting dvd players

I connected a DVD player Upconverting on my screen (16:9) HDTV. I was hoping to complete the picture of a DVD with a 16:9 anamorphic transfer of the entire screen. However, I still have black bars top and bottom of the screen like a standard TV. I connected something wrong or is as it should be?

2 comments:

jjki_117... said...

DVD playback in native anamorphic aspect ratio that the film was shot at, you always have the black bars with these films, unless the native aspect ratio of the film was 16:9. In general, the aspect ratio appears in the DVD package. Of course you can remove the bar by stretching of the TV, but only distorted or cut off part of the picture. The film shows how in a movie theater is the way to go.
Not change the large number of DVD players, the aspect ratio, only increases the image resolution. Of course, do not have the luxury of the DVD to a higher resolution than your TV screen. The TV has the size and the treatment is reduced, the image of her.
See the link for an explanation of anamorphic DVD.



http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/a ...

averageg... said...

Yes, the black bars above and below. Depending on the DVD. Your DVD player is not his behavior. If you will look on the back of a large number of times one of the DVD, the aspect ratio. Most DVDs are 16:9 ration, which may show the way for a rough 15-10. So yes, the black lines are normal and the line width varies from black to a DVD. Some DVDs have custom black lines though.

Post a Comment